A 42-17 thrashing by the Buffalo Bills was the symbolic straw to break the camel's back as well as force the Miami Dolphins into a deep restore. The franchise business was accused of tanking,  but general supervisor Chris Grier and also the front office gutted the roster and consumed over $35 million in dead cap area. Among the initial choices to rebuild the franchise business was defensive tackle Christian Wilkins,  who was picked with the No. 13 pick of the 2019 NFL Draft after four years with the Clemson Tigers. Wilkins became one of the ideal run-stopping tackles and also selected to rest out preseason games as well as exercise with hopes of signing a long-term extension. Unable to get to an offer,  Wilkins is pressing ahead as well as securing in for the 2023 period. "I'm simply focused on being the ideal teammate I can be and being there for my guys as well as preparing yourself to play a game as well as obtain concentrated on the season, " Wilkins stated on Tuesday. "As far as all of that goes,  whether something gets done,  my emphasis gets on the season. We have a game to play in two weeks. "Inevitably I'm just here to be the very best teammate I can be,  and be there for my men the very same way I have actually been all offseason,  all training camp. That's truly what it boils down to." On Tuesday,  ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that teams reached out to the Dolphins to try as well as trade for the former first-round choice. Schefter added that neither side would such as to see Wilkins leave Miami. There were groups that got to out to the Dolphins to try and also trade for Christian Wilkins https://www.dolphinsprostore.com/produc … -4575.html,  however Miami was not thinking about trading him,  and also he was not curious about playing somewhere else this period,  per resource.-- Adam Schefter August 29,  2023" No person intends to be a part of this organization a lot more than I do, " Wilkins stated when asked why he didn't take into consideration requesting a trade. "I like everything regarding being right here. That's not also an idea of mine or absolutely nothing like that to that factor. I just want to be right here at the end of the day." I was prepared here,  I like this area and also I placed my all to be the best gamer,  the ideal leader https://www.dolphinsprostore.com/produc … -4566.html,  the finest teammate,  the most effective Miami Dolphin I can be. That's not going to transform. The organization is worthy of that alt="Adult Limited Cam Smith Miami Dolphins Aqua Team Color Vapor Untouchable Jersey" width=500  my teammates are worthy of that,  the followers should have that and every little thing."